Does aloe vera gel remove acne?
Does aloe vera gel remove acne?
Do you know that 9.4% of the global population is affected by acne? It is the eighth most common skin concern worldwide. So don't think you are alone. You might be looking out for a solution. Many treatments and medical care are available that can resolve it permanently but can have side effects on you. Have you ever thought of using natural, gentle & calming options? Well, aloe vera can treat acne effectively.
This pulpy aloe vera gel for acne is a celebutante ingredient. It is a well-known house plant that can be found at a nearby nursery. But if you don't have this plant at home, many of its forms are available on the market. You can find it in the form of gel, creams, lotions, drinks, etc.
This gooey plant has been used for centuries for medicinal & skincare treatments. It is augmented with antibacterial, anti-inflammatory, antioxidant & healing properties. This acne-clarifying agent effectively treats mild to moderate forms of it. It has been shown to minimize acne lesions, clear pores, limit the production of excess oil, restore skin health and hold moisture within the skin.
Does aloe vera gel remove pimples and acne?
Aloe vera belongs to the "succulent" family. A skin savior for hundreds of years that has been used in sunscreens, facial cleansers, beauty soaps, face masks, moisturizers, facial serums and more. The gummy gel of the aloe plant works in miraculous ways to fight against acne.
- It is a natural antibacterial substance that can be applied directly to the skin. It effectively treats acne by killing the bacteria and soothes redness around the acne area.
- Does applying aloe vera on pimples work? People who are more prone to break out ask this question usually. So, the answer is yes! The Aloe plant has a high dose of magnesium lactate (a natural chemical). This chemical element works pretty well by turning down the itchiness, sunburn and rashes. Itching constantly happens (for real or in mind) if a pimple pops up. Scratching it may cause infection or lead to more acne. When you get a hold on soothing the itchiness, magnesium lactate stings away painful acne pimples.
- The mighty astringent properties of aloe vera make it versatile. Even the ones who are not acne sufferers use it alone for this particular reason. It withdraws diet & impurities (grime, oil & toxins) from the skin to make distance from the breakout struggle. The inflamed pimples or even cysts (type of severe acne) can be treated & chucked from the skin with the help of astringent power.
- Have you heard about "anthraquinone", a phenomenal and natural chemical in aloe? It may be hard to pronounce but done its job exceptionally well. It diminishes acne scars, brings back skin cells into life, moves forward for overall skin health and turns skin rejuvenated and glowing.
- Aloe works in favor of your skin. It has the potential to reduce pigmentation & lighten the tone of your skin. From visible scars of acne, it turns them invisible.
- Know about another top-notch chemical compound in aloe vera, "Saponin". It kills the viruses & bacteria that are the reasons for acne formation. It opens the congested pores and reduces the chance of whiteheads & blackheads. A generous dose of aloe's natural salicylic acid takes charge of it. The saponins and salicylic acid together settle the skin's pH to normal.
- Who doesn't want tight and taut skin? Aloe throws away the impurities from the skin and shrinks the pores so that germs don't enter the skin.
Reasons to use aloe vera as a savior from pimples and acne:
- Aloe vera is a natural substance. You can quickly grow it in a pot and keep it in your backyard, balcony or terrace as a potted plant. It doesn't need high maintenance.
- It is an inexpensive plant that you can look for in any nursery. If you don't wish to grow it at your place, then buy an aloe gel or juice from the nearby local store. It is easily accessible in almost every pharmacy.
- It has a long history as a medicinal plant which is capable of treating various skin problems. It is a tried & tested natural remedy which is not required to be laboratory tested. For thousands of years, aloe vera has proved its efficacy in treating many skin conditions.
- Very few people have an allergy to aloe vera. If you use it for the first time, it is suggested to give it a patch try. The one who doesn't face any adverse side effects can use it without any worries.
- Aloe vera is used with many other natural ingredients to make your homemade treatment. Many people love doing this process to treat their skin issues. It is a versatile ingredient that goes smoothly in every skin & hair care product, like face wash, toner, face oil, face serum, face cream, body lotion, hair shampoo and conditioner.
- Aloe is your skin's BFF. It works best for your stubborn skin issue- acne. Many people search is aloe vera gel good for pimples. Yes, it is! You can apply aloe vera gel during bedtime, keep it on your face overnight, and rinse it off in the morning. It's a treat to see clearer skin than before with a reduction in signs of ageing.
- It has no strong odour and leaves a stain on your clothes.
- The anti-inflammatory properties of aloe vera help to reduce swelling. Applying aloe gel on a red, swollen pimple can minimize the tenderness & pain.
- Aloe has mastered soothing the skin. It eases the sting of sunburn, calms irritation, and alleviates other skin care concerns.
- The compound aloin in aloe vera is efficacious in fading post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation. It acts as a depigmenting agent that reduces dark acne marks left after pimples.
How to use aloe vera for pimples and acne?
Pure aloe vera
This is an authentic remedy. It is a pure form of aloe vera gel. It is blessed with antioxidant, anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties that fuel the strength of your skin as a potent acne fighter. It is an effective remedy to treat spots on your entire face that you can leave overnight. Just don't forget to rinse it off in the morning. Applying this gel every day and night will work magically for many people suffering from chronic acne. It reduces swelling, kills bacteria and alleviates soreness.
How to use it?
- a) Just take out the gel from the aloe leaves with the help of a spoon and keep it aside.
- b) Take a required amount of it & apply it to the affected areas.
- c) Leave it overnight and cleanse it off in the morning.
- d) Repeat this process for a week & your pimples will be gone.
Aloe vera with honey and cinnamon
These natural ingredients are acknowledged as a great acne fighter. These dynamic ingredients can kill bacteria. This mask smells so great that you'll love to apply it at regular intervals. Honey has antibacterial & soothing properties that calm the inflamed & irritated skin. Cinnamon has anti-inflammatory properties. This concoction inhibits acne reactions and works fabulously against pimples.
How to use it?
- a) Take 2 tablespoons of pure honey and mix in 1 tablespoon pure aloe vera.
- b) The consistency of this mixture should be easy to spread but shouldn't be runny.
- c) Mix in 1/4 tablespoon of ground cinnamon before applying the mask to your face.
- d) Lay back, relax for 10-15 minutes, and then rinse thoroughly.
Aloe vera, coconut oil and sugar
The perfect mixture that works as a star scrub to waves of acne. Over-the-counter exfoliants that claim to be a treatment for acne are often loaded with harmful chemicals that harm the skin. Using this gentle and natural alternative works constructively on dead skin layers and fights off acne. Coconut oil is an antibacterial that serves as a dose of healing skin. Sugar works as an exfoliant to slough away dead skin cells & open the pores to heal the power of aloe and coconut oil.
How to use it?
- a) Take sugar & coconut oil in equal amounts.
- b) Add aloe vera gel which is precisely half the amount of this mixture.
Apply it to the face as a scrub and then rinse it off.
Aloe vera spray
If you don't want to put much effort into making a home remedy, then this is your solution to keep acne at bay. It is like toners and mists that soothe the skin and infuse much-needed hydration. Spritzing this aloe spray will reduce oil production.
How to use it?
- Scoop about one tablespoon of aloe vera gel.
- Add 1-2 drops of essential oil of your choice.
- Mix it with 1 1/4 cups of distilled water.
- Shake it well and carry it with you.
- Use it when your skin requires it.
Aloe vera and lemon
These natural ingredients work as two boons for your oily & acne-prone skin. They are fantastic acne warriors. Lemon has astringent properties that dry acne and diminish its scars; however, if you have sensitive skin, avoid lemon as it may sting and can cause redness & irritation.
How to use it?
- a) Take 2 tablespoons of aloe vera gel and mix it with a quarter teaspoon of lemon juice.
- b) Apply this mixture to the pimples and rinse it off when the mask dries.
*Note- Make sure to apply sunscreen after this mask, as lemon makes skin photosensitive.
How to use aloe vera for pimples and dark spots?
You can apply the aloe vera gel or its homemade spray directly on the skin. It will dry out the pimples but may not work effectively against dark spots.
Can aloe vera prevent acne scars?
No! Applying aloe vera daily can prevent scarring, but it is not a potent treatment for diminishing old acne scars.
How much time aloe vera requires to treat acne?
It may take a few weeks as it is a natural ingredient that works gradually but will not showcase excellent results overnight. However, speed up the efficacy by applying it regularly. You can use it in the form of face wash, face mask and face scrub.
Is it desirable to leave aloe vera as an overnight mask?
Yes, it is! It is a fantastic ingredient to add to your skincare routine. You can leave it overnight, which will work better for your skin. But it is also necessary to rinse the mask off in the morning with lukewarm water.