How does hemp oil benefit the skin?
What is hemp oil?
Hemp oil is extracted from the seeds of the Cannabis Sativa plant. It is widely used in beauty products, nutritional supplements and skin oils. It can be legally produced and used with tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) content of less than 0.3 per cent. It has no or few cannabinoids and comprises omega fatty acids. It is unrefined, has a green color and a soothing nutty flavor. Some research shows that this oil has molecules and chemicals found in the oil that are beneficial for skin health.
Not to be mistaken, the hemp seed oil is different from cannabidiol oil (CBD) oil which is also extracted from the cannabis plant but from hemp flower & leaves. It gets absorbed in the skin & holds together to cannabinoid receptors in the brain. It may impact only the inception of anxiety, sleep, mood and many other conditions. It has low levels of THC, which has psychoactive effects.
Hemp oil benefits for skin
- Subdues oil production
Hemp seed oil works well for all skin types. It is enriched with the goodness of unsaturated fats like linoleic acid, γ-linolenic acid, and α-linolenic acid. They help to enhance the skin structure and retain skin moisture. It doesn't choke the pores. It works fantastically by bringing balance to excess oil formation. It hydrates the skin and modulates skin oil production.
Even dry skin can overproduce oil which results in acne stimulation. Hemp oil curbs dry skin without blocking the pores and reduce acne caused by excess oil.
- Moisturizes and soothes inflammation
Hemp oil benefits the face by moisturizing & soothing the itchy & dry skin. The oil has gamma-linolenic acid (GLA), which is a type of omega-6 fatty acid. This acid is a powerful anti-inflammatory that boosts skin growth. Dermatologists suggest it as an alternative solution for acne, psoriasis, eczema & atopic dermatitis due to its capability for new cell formation.
It calms the irritation & inflammation on the skin and provides relief from certain skin conditions while keeping the skin nourished, soft & supple. It has the potential to heal tired and stressed-out skin. It's a savior for dry skin people.
- Manages atopic dermatitis
The presence of omega 3 and omega 6 fatty acids in hemp seed oil treats atopic dermatitis. This low saturated fat content works best for your skin by feeding it the necessary nutrients.
- Anti-ageing properties
The oil inculcates a high dose of antioxidants such as vitamins A, C, E & F and fatty acids. It strongly builds the skin's outer layer to retain the water. It makes the skin texture firmer and reduces the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. The body can't produce linoleic & oleic acid, but regular application of this oil stimulates skin cell regeneration, improves skin elasticity, reduces dullness, adds glow & increases collagen production.
- Prohibits free radical damage
Hemp seed oil safeguards your skin and keeps harmful toxins at bay. It restores the skin barrier and shields against environmental aggressors that damage the skin and cause premature aging, such as sunlight, pollution, cigarette smoke, radiation and exposure to scorching and cold temperatures.
- Relieves stress
The potent hemp seed oil calms the mind and body. It gives a peace that creates an aura of positivity. It is the most natural method of reducing daily stress and anxiety. The unique fragrance of the oil brings unmatchable comfort and a perfect end to a hectic day.
- Hydrates the skin deeply
Facing chapped, dry or flaky skin issues? Use hemp seed oil, it’s a superhero that dives into the deepest layers of the skin, making it plump and hydrating. The indulgence of omega 3, 6 and 9 fatty acids in abundance reconstruct the skin barrier, seals in the moisture and works on signs of aging.
How to use hemp seed oil?
Different methods exist to achieve maximum benefits from hemp seed oil.
- Hemp oil topical use for skin benefits
The first and simplest method is to apply the hemp oil directly to the skin, as it can immediately soothe irritation and dry patches.
It is suggested to patch test the oil before applying it to avoid unwanted reactions:a) Wash and dry a small area of your upper arm.
b) Apply a small amount of pure hemp oil.
c) Cover the area with a bandage where you tested it & leave it in place for 24 hours. Be careful, and don't let the bandage wet.
d) If you notice any redness, burning sensation, itching or other irritation, then you are sensitive to that oil & should abandon its use. Immediately remove the bandage and wash the area with soap and water when you notice the reaction.
e) If you haven't experienced any reaction, it is probably safe to use.
- Oral use of hemp oil
The second method is to drink hemp oil. It will provide the same skin benefits and additional overall health benefits like hypertension, low blood pressure, heart health etc., as the oil topically. There is less risk of skin irritation or breakouts when you use oil orally. It may cause temporary digestive issues. Take advice from the doctor before taking it orally.
Do you know about our hemp skin products?
Our brand has a single thought behind every product formulation, i.e, "When you feel good, you look good". The ingredients used in every product are scientifically proven.
The hemp skin products introduced by us are:
- Vedic Elixir Facial Oil - an elixir to revive, refresh & strengthen the skin and diminish signs of ageing.
- Cinnamon Divya Body Oil - a lightweight formula with bioactive nutrients & antioxidants that reduces the skin's natural barrier, improves concentration, reduces fine lines & wrinkles and are augmented with anti-inflammatory properties.
- Cosmic Sutra Hair Oil - a powerful product that works promisingly for your scalp, treats dandruff, and dry scalp, inducing hair growth and reducing hair fall.
Don't forget to try on some essential hemp seed oil
- Hemp seed oil works as a versatile conditioner and can be applied directly onto the face, body, scalp and hair strands.
- The pure, unrefined & cold-pressed hemp seed oil is best for skin care. It is high in lipids and vitamins which makes it a desirable ingredient in your skincare products.
- It has an olive green color and emits an exceptional scent. It should be stored in a cool and dark place to avoid it from going quickly foul.
- Both the types, refined and unrefined hemp seed oil can be used in natural & cosmetic formulations hanging on their respective advantages. If you are looking for a longer shelf life and a mild scent is desired, refined hemp oil suits your needs.
- Hemp oil benefits for face is that it suits all skin types as it is non-comedogenic in nature. It is especially beneficial for dry & mature skin.
- Hemp seed oil for cleansing skin effectively removes makeup. It is essential to wash your hands before taking hemp seed oil onto your fingertips. Gently massage this oil from your fingertips in a circular motion to dissolve all the impurities and makeup.
- Hemp oil benefits in sloughing away your dull skin. Mix 2 tablespoons of hemp oil with 2 tablespoons of brown sugar into a paste. When you go for a bath, use this mixture to scrub away the dead skin cells and dirt gently. Get glowing skin in minutes. It is a boon for your skin in the winter season. Massaging with this oil to soothe & moisturize your dry, cracked, tired or ashy feet.
- An excellent remedy to revive your dry cuticles and nails and make them look glam. You can dip your nails in a small bowl filled with hemp oil for a soothing experience.
- This oil is not only an outstanding tonic for your skin but also for your dull or limp hair that lacks vibrancy. It also works for itchy and dry scalps. You can mix it with one portion of your hair shampoo or conditioner and use it directly.
Do you know about the nutrient profile of hemp seed oil?
Due to the high concentration of nutrients, hemp seed oil was first considered a dietary supplement. The oil is intensified with fatty acids, including omega-6, omega-3 and omega-9, alpha-linolenic acid and more. They aid in overall health but significantly improve skin conditions & soothe irritation. In addition to fatty acid, it has a good amount of vitamins A and E, shielding the skin from free radicals and pollution.
Is hemp seed oil suitable for oily skin?
Yes, hemp seed oil is highly suitable for oily skin, unlike other plant oils. The oil contains only polyunsaturated fats, is non-comedogenic & won't lead to breakouts. This oil has mastered reducing excessive oil production. If dehydration makes your skin oily, the moisturizing, hydrating and softening properties of oil replenish moisture balance, thereby reducing excess oil formation over time.
Is CBD oil the same as hemp oil?
No, the hemp seed oil differs from CBD oil concerning the source & properties. The two have different therapeutic properties to offer. Hemp seed oil is derived from hemp plant seed and is rich in nutrients to nourish you and your various body parts. CBD oil is extracted from the leaves & flowers of the hemp plant & is extremely helpful as a potential wellness supplement that manages health problems such as pain, anxiety, depression etc.
Do you need any prescription to buy and use hemp seed oil?
No, the purchase and use of this oil doesn't need any prescription.
Which type of hemp seed oil is best for the skin?
Generally, it is best to put your hands on cold-pressed oils as they are loaded with nutrients, whereas refined oils have added chemicals to them & are less beneficial.
How to differentiate between cold-pressed hemp oil and refined hemp oil?
Cold-pressed hemp oil is dark to light green in color and has a nutty flavor, whereas refined oil is clear and barely has any taste.