10 Best Face Cleansers for Different skin Types in India (2022)
Whether you are a skincare enthusiast or not, everyone uses face cleanser in India that suit their skin type, are built with ingredients they like and are pocket friendly. Gone are the days of using soaps on the skin. As more skincare products and knowledge related to it prevailed in the market, people became aware that our face skin is more sensitive and needs proper nourishment, which cleansers for the face can feed.
Following a sequence of skincare regimens will solve your skincare issues, but the priority concern is which face cleanser do you choose for your skin type?
Choose the best cleanser for your skin, as nobody knows better about your skin than you. Being an integral and foremost step of your skincare routine, you must be cautious while choosing that perfect one out of the clutter.
What is a Face cleanser?
A facial cleanser is the foremost step in the skin care regimen. A face cleanser helps remove dirt, dead skin cells, and other unwanted surface debris. A perfectly formulated facial cleanser can prime your skin for a daily skincare routine, acne treatment, and other products.
How Does a Face Cleanser work?
Facial cleansers have detergents called ‘surfactants’ that remove unwanted substances and particles from the epidermis. These surfactants vary in strength and effectiveness depending on your skin care product and work by attracting oil, makeup, dirt, and debris to strip it off quickly and easily.
Which Face Cleanser is Best for Your Skin?
It becomes difficult to judge and decide when endless options are available in the market. Here are some properties you should look after while planning to buy a cleanser:
- It should be gentle on your skin.
- Read the ingredients carefully and analyze whether they will treat or worsen your skin.
- It should maintain the skin's moisture level, so it doesn't become too dry or oily.
- Remember it should not have harsh chemicals or ingredients to deteriorate your skin.
- Keep in mind your skin type as well
Know some essential ingredients for your skin type:
For Dry Skin
Only moisturizers can get rid of dry skin by rehydrating your dry and sealing in the moisturizer. There are three types of moisturizers that you can look out for:
- Humectants- attracts moisturizer
- Occlusives- seals in the moisturizer
- Emollients- contains water, oil and emulsifier
With the above properties, here are the ingredients for dry skin type-
- It absorbs fast into the skin.
- It gives firmness, hydration and a plump feel to the skin.
- It also helps in slowing down the ageing process of the skin.
- It improves hydration, protects against irritants, boosts skin barrier function and mechanical properties and speeds up wound-healing processes.
- Glycerine is an excellent cleanser, removing dirt and oil without stripping the skin or clogging pores.
- Its anti-irritant and anti-inflammatory properties are suitable for those with sensitive skin.
- It acts as a magnet to hold the skin cells together.
- It forms a protective barrier on the skin's surface to retain moisture.
- It makes your skin look plump.
- It shields skin against environmental factors, like dry air or pollution.
For Oily Skin:
Indulge those ingredients in your skincare routine that has the potential to fight against oil significantly in the long term. Here are some-
- It works deep in the skin to reach the pores and unclog them.
- It gets rid of white and blackheads and reduces oil production.
- It works actively against discolouration from old breakouts, exfoliates the skin, and acts as an anti-inflammatory to help heal irritated skin.
- It fights pore-clogging, acne-causing bacteria.
- It has anti-inflammatory properties to help calm the skin and to provide moisturizing benefits.
- It fights against extra sebum & oil production.
- It treats acne by reducing its severity, decreasing the number of lesions and preventing new acne from forming.
For Normal Skin :
Even though your skin is normal, sometimes you may experience dryness or oily occasionally. Look for the ingredients that help your skin maintain a healthy complexion.
- Vitamin C is an antioxidant that helps to keep skin cells healthy.
- The antioxidant in vitamin C boosts collagen and elastin production to keep skin firm and plump.
- It fights ageing by limiting damage from UV exposure, hydrating the skin and evening out skin tone and texture.
- It helps the skin increase its moisture and elasticity.
- It also banishes dry, flaky skin, soothes inflammation, protects against pollutants, reduces UV damage and regulates oil production.
For Combination Skin:
This skin type people should use gentle, light-weight and moisture-holding ingredients like:
- It is excellent for controlling oil.
- It also hydrates the skin and evens out skin tone.
- Another gentle exfoliant helps remove the excess sebum in the pores deep under the skin.
- Furthermore, it is also proven to prevent acne by destroying the acne bacteria on the skin.
For Sensitive Skin:
Don't go for an ingredient you don't know. Your skin type doesn't allow for experiments.
- It helps to repair flaky skin conditions such as cradle cap and reduce wrinkles in a gentle and hydrating way.
- It soothes sensitive and irritated skin and even offers gentle UV protection.
- It will rejuvenate tired and sensitive skin without causing congestion or irritation.
- It is an effective barrier between your skin and harmful pollutants or dry weather conditions.
Adjust your skincare products according to season to keep them hydrated, glowing and healthy.a) Here are skin care ingredients for skin during summers are:
- Rose water
- Hyaluronic acid
- Vitamin C
- Salicylic acid
- Glycolic acid
- Vitamin E
- Shea Butter
- Hyaluronic Acid
- Vitamin C
- Green Tea
Do you know how to distinguish between different skin types?
How do cleansers work for your face?
The primary benefits of cleansers are that they effectively remove dirt, excess oil, bacteria and make-up from the skin. The secondary benefits that a face cleanser can offer are based on its formulation to provide other benefits like protection from sun damage and pollution, reduced breakouts, glowing skin etc.
How long should the cleanser be kept on the face?
Leave the cleanser on the face for ten to twenty seconds. Or you can keep it as long as it takes to massage the cleanser onto your face with your fingertips. As keeping it longer may lead to skin damage from over-scrubbing.
What is the difference between face cleanser and face wash?
Both cleansers & face-washes do the primary work, i.e., cleansing your face. A face wash is a foaming cleanser, while a face cleanser is non-foaming in nature and either can be washed off or wiped off.
How often should you cleanse your face?
It would be best if you cleaned your face at least twice daily. Once in the morning and then at night while going to bed. Cleansing in the morning is essential as it helps wash away any stray dirt or bacteria that may have migrated from your nose, mouth or hair onto your skin by using your pillow while sleeping. It is also vital to clean your face while going to bed to wash away all the dirt, grime and impurities stuck to your skin the whole day.
How can you handle sensitive skin?
It will help if you are extra gentle. Wash the sensitive skin gently, and never use harsh cleansers. Avoid products that contain fragrances and irritating substances. Instead, go for the skincare products with the sensitive skin label.
How will you know if a particular is right for your skin?
Sometimes, it is difficult to tell unless you try it. You should carefully research and learn about the product by examining the product's label and ingredient list. To increase the chance that products won't irritate your skin, seek out fragrance-free products that contain little or no alcohol, and are labelled "suitable for sensitive skin".
How to use the face cleanser?
Follow the below steps to use the facial cleanser:
- Wet your face with lukewarm water before applying the face cleanser. This step will help to make the skin ultra-smooth and let the cleanser spread evenly on the face.
- Squeeze a pea-size amount of your cleanser onto clean hands and then apply it to your face. Don't forget to use it in your hairline, jawline, and neck. Be careful around your eyes and mouth.
- Gently massage cleanser on your face and neck with your fingers, using small, circular motions.
- When you are finished cleansing your skin, rinse your face off with lukewarm water.
- Use a soft towel to pat your skin dry gently. The skin on your face is delicate, so avoid rubbing or pulling your skin as you remove excess moisture.