All about dry hands and the best hand cream in India!
Our laborious hands never rest in summer, winter, or any season in between. They are involved in everything, be it the first handshake, typing away at work, or lifting the heavyweight at the gym; our hands never catch a break. All this everyday labor tend to dehydrate the skin causing rough, calloused hands.
So, as our hands help us express affection to others likewise, it’s our turn to show them the same love and care. You can shower this love in different ways by getting the best hand cream in India, wearing an extra layer of protection, or reading this blog and understanding all about hand care. Though before reaching out to the world of hand creams, let’s find out the answer to this very annoying question:
Why are my hands so dry?
Your intact skin is a protective barrier, but over-exposure to UV rays, pollution, and weather conditions, leads to cracks, redness, irritation, and of course, dryness. There can be multiple causes for the weakening of this barrier; let’s look at some of the major ones:
- Weather: Colder months mean less moisture in the air, a major cause of dry hands. Decreasing moisture in the air tends to draw moisture from the skin.
- Workplace conditions: Factory workers, hairdressers, dry cleaners might be routinely exposed to harsh irritants and chemicals. Similarly, certain professions require extensive handwashing, such as nurses, doctors, teachers, caretakers, and many more. All these lead to workplace requirements cause extreme dryness for our hands.
- Harsh soaps and hand washes: Many famous and widely used cleansing products such as soaps, detergents, shampoos, and hand washes are likely to strip away moisture and natural oil from your hand as they are formulated to remove oil.
- Hot baths: Many of us prefer taking a long hot shower to say goodbye to a tiring day, especially in winters. However, these hot baths and showers are major causes of dryness, especially if you don’t moisturize.
- Pools: Chlorinated pools cause the same damage in summers as hot baths in winters, stripping us of our natural oils and causing dryness.
- Aging: According to the Mayo Clinic, people aged 40 years or older have an increased risk of dry skin. Around half of the people in this age group experience this issue. Our skin tends to produce less oil with age, hence getting drier. According to Penn Medicine, it could also be related to hormonal change due to menopause in women.
- Medical conditions: Even though dry hands are a common issue faced all-round, it can sometimes be a symptom of an underlying medical condition. If you experience extremely dry hands without any visible cause (like the ones mentioned above), then it is time to consult a dermatologist. Eczema and psoriasis are two conditions that can cause skin inflammation, dry hands, skin peeling, and cracking.
Aren’t these causes a pain to bear?
No more worrying though, we have the perfect solution for you. As you might have guessed by now, it’s hand creams.
A popular choice in skincare products has now become essential due to COVID. However, it is very easy to be lost amongst the wide-ranging products present in the market. Don’t worry though, we have got you covered. To curb this confusion and allow you to make an informed choice, we have compiled a list of ingredients that are a must in your hand creams. Have a look!
What ingredients to look for to find the best hand cream in India?
- Shea Butter: One of the oldest remedies for dry skin, shea butter is a must in your hand cream. It is rich in vitamins A, E, and essential fatty acids. It boosts the skin’s barrier function while providing a small UV protection. Hand creams with Shea Butter are almost like a sleeping mask for your hands as it is highly nourishing and reformatory. It also helps retexturize skin and improve circulation, helping sore and tired hands to revive.
- Jojoba oil: It is a seed oil derived from the seeds of the Jojoba shrub, a perennial native to the North American deserts. It is packed with antioxidants like vitamins A and E and omega-6 fatty acids, essential components of the skin’s barrier. It also acts as a humectant, meaning it works to retain moisture in the skin. Its anti-inflammatory nature soothes the skin and provides the needed hydration.
- Cocoa Butter: It has been used for over 3000 years and is a type of fat derived from Cocoa Beans. It is high in fatty acids; that’s why it is known for its ability to hydrate and improve elasticity. It also creates a protective barrier over the skin to retain moisture. It also relieves the wrinkles, spots, and marks on your hands. Also, rich in natural plant compounds called phytochemicals, it improves blood flow and prevents aging by protecting against the sun.
- SPF: Be it face creams, lotion, or hand creams, SPF has become a must. As we all know, SPF protects the skin from the sun, UV rays preventing various types of cancers. It is also one of the best anti-aging ingredients for any part of your body. Since the skin on our hands is thinner, it needs extra SPF for its protection and maintenance.
- Vitamin E: An all-time favorite moisturizing agent, it is an evergreen ingredient for skincare products. It is present in everything from moisturizers to sunscreens and has improved skin’s natural UV defense. If you choose the best hand cream in India, it needs to have vitamin E to ensure soft, supple skin. It is an excellent ingredient for sensitive skin as it can help protect the skin’s outer layer from irritation.
While looking for a hand cream, try to find one with naturally calming ingredients instead of synthetic amalgamation without any natural substance. Chemicals might show quick results, but prolonged use can prove harmful. Other naturally calming ingredients can include glycerin, hazel, aloe vera extract, seed oil, etc. These natural ingredients are calming in nature and provide a nourishing, healing, and hydrating experience for the skin.
You can check out Nourish Mantra’s Vetiver And Lavender Upayas Hand Lotion, a clean and natural product. It is an exceptional product that will end your search for another product on usage.
Well, what are you waiting for? Hurry up and pick your best hand cream today!