Best Hair Care Routine for Healthy Hair
Best Hair Care Routine for Healthy Hair
When it comes to following a proper hair care routine then there are different types of people who want to take care of their hair health but could not do it. Like, the majority of people are planning to follow a proper hair care routine, which is a daunting task as they don’t have much knowledge about it. Some people fall under the category of the ones who may know the right hair care regimen for their hair type but are caught up in their busy schedules. Lastly, few people are those who need clarification about what hair care routine should be, among the various options available, as the internet is flooded with so much information. It is necessary to maintain good hair health, and it can be achieved if you follow a simple hair care routine for hair growth, split ends, breakage, hair fall, etc.
Do you know why it is important to take care of your hair health?
Taking care of your hair is as important as it is taking care of your skin. Following a particular hair care regimen according to your hair texture will make your hair smooth, volumized, less prone to breakage, and free of infections, greasiness, and other conditions. How often you need to oil and wash your hair depends on your scalp type and hair texture.
Which hair care concerns can be treated with a proper hair care routine for healthy hair?
Before you make up your mind to follow a hair care routine, you should know your hair concerns and the present state of your mane. Here are the typical hair concerns that everyone looks forward to treating:
- Hair damage
- Oiliness or greasiness
- Split ends
- Hair loss
- Scalp issues- oily, dry, itchy, and flaky
- Lack of hair volume
What hair goals can you achieve by following a proper hair care routine?
After learning about hair concerns, you should set some hair goals so as to incorporate the right products to achieve desired results. Here are a few hair goals for healthy hair you may set for yourself:
- Increase in hair volume
- Improvement in hair texture
- Boost hair quality (smoothness and shine)
- Build hair strength
- Repair and hydrate hair from root to tips
- Longevity of hair color
- Overall healthy hair
How to determine your hair texture/ type?
There are 4 types of hair textures or type:
1. Straight Hair
Straight hair is a texture that doesn't let the curls stay for long and fall flat quickly. They are soft, smooth, and silky but with an oily scalp that makes the hair greasy often as the natural oils travel from roots to tips. This is one reason that this hair type reflects more light on the surface.
Hair care tips for straight hair
- Washing hair too much can strip natural oils and dry hair and vice versa. It is necessary to listen to your hair and scalp state and experiment with time.
- Don't skip the conditioner. Look for products that have essential oils that hydrate and nourish the hair making them soft and sleek.
- Use a hair mask once a week to restore moisture, smoothness, and shine, as sometimes using only conditioner will not work.
- Apply a small amount of hair oil to the hair strands to reduce flyaways and frizz.
- Wash hair with a sulfate-free shampoo, as it helps eliminate excess sebum, grease, and dirt.
- People with this hair texture should wash their hair 2-3 times a week.
- Use conditioner only on the hair shafts and avoid using it on the roots. This simple practice will curb the hair from falling flat and feeling too greasy.
- Use a paddle hair brush as it detangles the hair easily without causing too much shedding of hair. It is necessary to use a paddle brush on dry hair as it will not stretch and tear the hair, which results in broken flyaways.
- Try to limit your use of heat styling tools. If you blow dry your hair, finish it with cool air to flatten the cuticles.
2. Wavy Hair
This hair type lies in the middle of straight and curly hair. Soft, big curls headways from the roots towards the ends. The feel of this hair type is rough but can hold the hairstyle better than the straight hair type. You can easily straighten, curl or style your hair in different ways.
Hair care tips for wavy hair
- Wavy hair only requires hair wash occasionally, unlike your straight hair, as the quality of this hair type is rough and dry already. Wash wavy hair once every 3-4 days.
- Look for a sulfate-free shampoo that is specially designed for this hair type.
- Oiling your hair pre-shampooing will keep your hair healthy and hydrated. Oiling is a must either you do it the night before or an hour before washing your hair. Following this tip will make your hair shaft nourished and free from dryness.
- Conditioner is a crucial hair care regimen step you can't miss when washing your hair. Hair conditioner penetrates deep into the hair shaft and makes hair gorgeously bouncy and moisturized
- Detangle your wavy hair while taking a shower with an ample amount of conditioner. When your hair is wet and covered with the conditioner, detangle hair either with the help of fingers or a comb that has a wide tooth to slowly go through the knots and tangles.
- Be gentle with your hair while detangling, as forceful action will result in hair breakage and pain.
3. Curly Hair
This hair type is recognized by prominent curls from the hair roots to the tips. This hair type lacks moisture and dries out frequently, demanding a proper curly hair care routine. There are 3 different types of curly hair- type 3A (loose curls), type 3B (medium curls), and type 3C (tight curls).
Hair care tips for curly hair
- Wash hair with a sulfate-free shampoo. Apply shampoo on the scalp and not on the length. The scalp needs more cleansing than the hair length. Using shampoo on the strands make it drier as it removes essential oil and moisture, making hair more frizzy and dry.
- Wash hair once a week to prevent excessive dryness.
- Apply conditioner on the hair shaft every 3-4 days, making the hair smooth, soft, and nourished.
- For this hair type, hair conditioning carries much more importance than shampooing to keep hair hydrated, moisturized, and frizz-free.
- The curly hair oil routine is simple. You need to add essential oils to your conditioner to free your scalp and hair from dryness.
- You should detangle the hair while conditioning to prevent hair breakage.
- Use a wide tooth comb to detangle the knots.
- Don't use heat styling tools more than once or twice a month.
4. Coily Hair
This is the most fragile hair type, which is also known as "African-American" hair. It is recognized by very tight curls with a zig-zag pattern. It constantly tussles to absorb moisture, making it more prone to hair breakage. It is further differentiated into 3 types- Type 4A (soft), Type 4B (wiry), and Type 4C (extremely wiry).
Hair care tips for coily hair
- Condition your hair with any essential oil to make your hair washing time run smoothly.
- You can also mix hair conditioner with hair oil, apply it on your hair as a mask, leave it for 20-30 minutes, and rinse it. It strengthens and nourishes hair.
- Avoid using shampoos made with sulfate, silicones, and mineral oils, as they boost hair breakage, curb hair growth, and make hair more prone to dryness.
- When you think of styling your coily hair, make sure that your hair is wet. This traps in the much-needed moisture, which results in easily detangling, preventing breakage and split ends.
- Shampoo on the roots and avoid applying it on the hair length, as it will remove natural oils from your hair.
- Co-wash your hair with a conditioner after every 2-3 days a week.
- Deep conditioning once a week is a must as it feeds the hair with the required nutrients and hydration.
- Oil massage your hair one hour before washing it off with shampoo and conditioner.
- Detangle your hair while taking a shower once you have conditioned your hair to prevent hair breakage.
Do you know a proper hair care routine for healthy hair?
The daily hair care routine for hair growth comprises basic steps- oiling, cleansing, conditioning, treatment and detangling. The prevalence of these steps will depend on your hair type, lifestyle, and preferences.
There should be a proper hair oiling routine according to the hair texture/ type. Hair oils are an easy-breezy way to get rid of frizziness and dryness. As mentioned above, hair oiling is a must for every hair type to deliver nourishment, nutrients, hydration, and moisture. It boosts life to dry and lifeless hair. You can use Cosmic Sutra Hair Oil, as it is a powerful blend of Ayurvedic herbs that promises rampant hair growth. It is an excellent concoction of the best hair oils for healthy hair like olive oil, sesame seed oil, coconut oil, moringa oil, bhringraj herb extracts, amla fruit extracts, shikakai seed extracts, methi seed extracts, argan oil, Gotu kola herb extract and vitamin E. It works multifariously for your hair- treats dandruff, prevents hair fall, boosts hair growth, and cures baldness. It is an ultra dose of moisturization that results in thick, lush, shiny, and overall healthy hair.
Your hair needs cleansing. Cleansing your hair with a sulfate, silicone, and mineral-free formula will not improve the quality of your hair. Washing your hair according to its type/texture will clean the scalp and hair, remove the build-up, and wash away dirt and dead skin cells. Use fingertips on your scalp to form a lather rather than fingernails, as it can hurt your scalp. Washing your hair too often will strip off natural oils and trouble the scalp microbiome. Be it any hair type, wash hair with lukewarm or cold water, as hot water damages the hair.
People avoid using conditioners in their hair care routine. But in reality, it is one of the most vital steps to amp up your hair care game. Conditioning hair works in favor of your hair care goals; it easily detangles, seals the cuticles, and provides much needed-moisture. It refills the moisture that your shampoo sometimes removes and will also help remove the knots and tangles caused while massaging your hair with shampoo onto your scalp and hair. It is necessary to apply conditioner on wet hair. Squeeze out the excess water, apply conditioner to your hair strands, and leave it for 1-2 minutes before rinsing with water. Go for a lightweight, silicone, sulfate-free conditioner, as they don't weigh your hair down.
Oiling, shampooing, and conditioning are must but sometimes following this basic hair care routine with natural hair products needs a maneuver product like hair serums. Hair serums are trendy hair care products prevailing in the market. They tackle serious hair care concerns like hair fall, hair growth, baldness, frizziness, dryness, etc. It is an extra boost of nutrients supplied to your hair to get the hair of your dreams. Hair serums are also effective due to their smaller molecular structure, it seeps into the scalp and delivers maximum benefits. You can try Advanced Hair Growth Serum which is powered with the award-winning and most promising ingredients- Redensyl, Anagain, Procapil, and Rice Water. It tackles hair fall and baldness. These science-backed ingredients help get better scalp health, leading to healthy and sustained hair growth. This hair re-growth serum awakens the dormant hair stem cells to generate a new growth phase, rebalances the hair life cycle and reduces hair loss, and fights premature hair loss rice water strengthens the hair shaft & thickens the hair.
This is a crucial step towards less hair breakage and effortless detangling. It helps to go through all the knots without causing pain and with minimum breakage. You can use a wide-tooth comb on dry hair, as detangling wet hair will cause breakage and split ends. You can also detangle your hair while showering, after applying conditioner, followed by combing your hair with a slow movement of your fingers to do away with big knots. Keep in mind to start combing your hair through the lower portion of your hair, making its way up to the roots.
How does a winter hair care routine differ from a summer hair care routine?
- In the winter season your hair needs a heavier ultra-moisturizing conditioner to get rid of the dry indoor heat and cold winds. In the summer season, as the humidity level rises your hair retains moisture naturally and those heavy conditioners weigh your strand down. At this time your hair doesn't need a heavier dose of conditioners, instead use lightweight ones to keep your hair hydrated without falling flat or looking greasy.
- Winter harsh winds call for a gentle shampoo to abstain from stripping natural oils, but as the temperature rises in summer so does your scalp’s oil production. If your hair is oily, it is necessary to swap your moisturizing or deep conditioning formulas for a clarifying shampoo to help keep those natural oils in check and avoid buildup.
- Your favorite styling products need a slight shift in seasonal updates as well. Your mane may not have required frizz control or humidity protection in winter, but if your hair is as flighty as the summers, chances are you need it now. Grab a lightweight frizz serum and anti-humidity styling products to keep your hair from poofing when the spring rains start.
- In winter, most of the time people spend indoors, so sun damage isn’t a serious concern for your hair. But in summer, warm winds take a big toll on your hair health as the UV rays can harm your mane. So, it becomes necessary to cover your hair with a hat or UV protectant spray before planning to go outdoors.
Maintaining a hair care routine according to your hair texture/ type is vital to keep your mane nourished and healthy. Following the hair care regimen with the best hair care products will put a stop to all hair ills. However, the frequency of hair oiling, shampooing, and conditioning depends on lifestyle, hereditary issues, and hair type. A proper hair care routine will provide nourishment to the hair follicles and strengthens your hair.