Body oil, or Ayurvedic body lotion, which one to use for dryness?
Dropping temperature means rising concerns about your skincare routine, especially for people with dehydrated skin. The visible cracks, redness, itching, and rough skin are a few of the many concerns. Knowing which product will cater to all these concerns is essential without leaving any side effects after usage. We know choosing the right product can be a task but not with this exclusive guide answering the most important
question; whether to use body oil or Ayurvedic body lotion for dehydrated skin.
- Importance of moisturizers for soft and healthy skin
- Body lotions for dehydrated skin
- Hydrating, nourishing, and lasting benefits of body lotions
- Soft Nirvana Body Lotion by Nourish Mantra
- Mystic Indian Rose Body Lotion by Nourish Mantra
Before we dive into the specifics of whether to use body oil or lotion, let's ask an important question,
Why is moisturizing so important?
Your skin is the most visible and largest organ of your body. It is at the forefront of every battle, fighting and guarding you against harsh environments, pollutants, impurities, and harmful bacteria. Therefore it is not a shocker that it requires your utmost attention and care to stay fresh and healthy.
One way to shower this care and attention to your skin is through moisturizing twice a day. It protects your skin and keeps it hydrated. You can moisturize your skin in multiple ways, such as body lotions, oil, butter, cream, and other similar products.
Now that we have settled that moisturizing is crucial, let's find out whether to use body lotion or oil for dehydrated skin.
Should I use body oil or natural body lotion for my dehydrated skin?
Before answering this question, it is essential to understand that both body lotion and oil serve different purposes and have varying benefits. They differ in viscosity and therefore are used according to your goals, skin type, and the weather.
Now, if you have dehydrated skin, your go-to agent for moisturizing should be a natural body lotion, especially an ayurvedic or organic body lotion.
"Why," you ask?
Organic body lotions have more viscosity than body oil and hydrate the skin better, especially in the long term. Let's have a look at some other benefits of natural body lotions:
- Hydrates your skin: Dryness can cause the skin to become tight and can even cause cracks. Body lotions easily prevent this problem by hydrating your skin and leaving it soft and supple.
- Lasting effect: Moisturizers are a combination of oil and a water-based ingredient, making them beneficial for the stratum corneum and the epidermis. These body lotions reach deep within the skin and provide a long-lasting moisturizing effect.
- Quick absorption: Body lotions are easily absorbed and an excellent non-greasy option for you. The best natural body lotions feel lightweight and not blotchy even when applied in large quantities.
- Anti-aging: Few components present in lotions vary the formation of wrinkles resulting in youthful skin. Lotions also contain elements essential to collagen growth that helps in maintaining healthy skin naturally.
- Aids skin regeneration: Skin regenerates once every 28 days while shedding dead skin cells every 8 hours. In this process, body lotions come in, aiding and accelerating the process of regeneration, resulting in fresh skin without old and dead skin cells.
Pro tip: Shea butter in your body lotions is like an early Christmas, especially if you have dehydrated skin!
Our recommendations for natural body lotions
To not leave you high and dry, we'll take you through some of our personal favorites in this chilly weather.
These products by Nourish Mantra are just a few examples of simplifying the old age beauty concepts for the modern world. Picking natural products and mixing them with supplements to tackle the modern world's problems is precisely what we need today. Soft Nirvan Body Laotion by Nourish Mantra is everything the name suggests and more. The therapeutic botanicals of Tamarind, Gotu Kola & Indian Ginseng are essential in your body care routine. It not only hydrates your skin but also gives a soft earthy fragrance, making it a delight for everyday use. The fact that it's rich and nourishing yet light is an added advantage.
Secondly, we have Mystic Indian Rose Body Lotion by Nourish Mantra, suitable for all skin types and a remarkable blend of the Indian rose. It contains Gotu Kola, Moringa, and Indian Ginseng extracts mixed into the rich base of Shea butter. This Ayurvedic body lotion combats dryness like a pro leaving supple and velvety soft skin. This body lotion with organic components is a sensory treat and a skin-nourishing and glow imparting experience.
With this information and your experience at your hand, it is time for you to dive into the rich and nourishing world of body lotions. Understand your needs and skin type to find the perfect fit for you. Once you know your requirements, it will be easy to find the best natural body lotion.
So, end the dry spell for your skin and moisturize away!