Fix These Biggest Skin Care Mistakes To Get a Healthy and Nourished Face.
Who doesn’t want naturally healthy skin? You may have tried natural face care products, home remedies and DIYs. But it would help if you had extensive research and experiments for practising natural skincare. You may buy a natural anti-pollution cream, rub a lemon on your face or try an Ayurvedic facial moisturizer. India has a lot to offer.
Here are some facts you need to know:
- Understand your skin type and concerns carefully.
- Identify skin tonics and toxins.
- Research on natural skincare ingredients.
- Consider the weather and climate of your area.
- Follow all skincare steps in the correct order every day.
- Do you enjoy steamy hot showers in winters? This isn’t healthy for your skin. Lukewarm water is the ideal deal.
- Are you looking to buy a natural face moisturizer online? Find out everything about its ingredients and the brand values as there are multiple sources of ingredients, natural or synthetic.
Learning and growing are vital to get healthy skin. So, here we are with some common skincare mistakes and their fixes.
- Unclear what face wipes do. (It’s in the name)
You might think that face wipes can cleanse your skin. But the fact is, they wipe out surface dirt and light makeup. Surveys show that people like to use face wipes mostly because they are handy, time-saving and eliminate the need for washing. Makeup wipes can even roughen up and irritate your skin. Cleansers are made mainly from formulas that thoroughly cleanse and purify your pores.
- Use face wipes only if there is an emergency.
- Face cleansers are designed to purify your skin pores. Choose a natural face cleanser for extensive purification. Think about ancient ingredients like Moroccan Lava clay and Multani Mitti mixed with powerful solutions like Activated Charcoal, Vitamin E and Niacinamide.
- Not knowing the chemistry behind oily skin.
You may have naturally oily skin, but there is more to it. Skin also becomes oily when it has faced dryness or dehydration. When your skin lacks water, it becomes dehydrated. It needs moisture, not oil. But since our skin cannot produce water naturally, it starts producing more oil to compensate for the dryness. And the biggest mistake people make is to think that oily skin does not need moisturization.
- You need to balance skin oil (sebum) and hydrate your face correctly.
- Native herbs like Holy Basil and Neem, when mixed with Multani Mitti, are power-packed with multiple benefits. A natural mud mask made with all these ingredients is an excellent solution to soak excess oil and impart purification.
- Tap your face dry and move on to hydrating your face. Try a vegan or Organic Face Moisturizer. Choose a very lightweight moisturizing lotion or cream that is not greasy or sticky and quickly melts into your skin. Organic products may contain animal substances, and vegan products are purely based on herb and plant extracts. Focus on natural ingredients like Okra, Allantoin and Shea Butter.
- Home remedies and DIYs may not be your friends.
Your mom or friends may have given you advice on natural skincare. But the same might be incompatible with your skin. Lemon may trigger burning and itchiness. Baking soda may strip off moisture from your skin.
- Understand your skin type and concerns before trying new products or DIYs. Don’t forget to consider your local weather conditions.
- Before buying a natural anti-pollution cream, do your research on its ingredients and brand values to ensure its quality and effectiveness.
- Ignoring the How To’s of your skincare regime.
You may have a natural serum for acne-prone skin or an Ayurvedic facial moisturiser; India never seizes to offer innovative products. But it’s all a waste if you don’t apply your products in the correct sequence and manner.
Correct sequence to apply = thinnest to thickest. Cleanser > serum > moisturizer + SPF.
How to apply?
- Apply a natural face serum on a damp face using a dropper and massage in circular motions until absorbed.
- Scoop out a little bit of nourishing cream in your palm with your finger and massage it in upward directions.
- Pour a coin-sized amount of facial oil onto your palm, apply dots throughout your face using fingertips and massage gently in circular motions.
- Spread your mud mask completely across your face and neck. After it is dried, rinse it with lukewarm water.
- Forgetting your neck.
Your natural skincare routine is incomplete if you forget about your neck. Having thinner and softer skin, your neck also needs some care because it tends to age faster than other parts of your skin.
Fix- No need to buy different products for your neck. Just use an SPF moisturizing lotion during the day and a nourishing night cream.
Curious about more skincare secrets and natural face care products? Join our holistic beauty circle today for the latest conversations.