Hair Serum Vs. Oil: Which Is Better For You?
There are many misconceptions related to the usage and benefits of hair serums and oils. Both of these have distinctive qualities that make them suitable for entirely different reasons. We know it can all get somewhat confusing, so here's a breakdown of hair serums vs hair oils:
Hair Serum: What Is It Exactly?
Just as a facial serum adds shine to your face by providing nourishment and moisturization to the skin, similarly, hair serum helps to boost the volume of hair and makes hair lustrous. Serum can be used daily, even on thinning, graying, or wispy tresses. A lighter serum smooths, hydrates & nourishes the scalp, decreases frizz, and gives you a silkier, smoother mane. Some hair serums with advanced formulations are devised to offer your hair re-growth. Men and women with thin hair can use these serums to make their hair appear fuller and denser.
How To Apply Hair Serum?
Putting a few drops of hair serum on your scalp may yield better results than regular shampoos and conditioners. The product should be applied twice daily to a dry and clean scalp, close to the hair roots. For enhanced absorption, massage gently into the skin. It is important to note that what goes inside your body is equally essential. Here are some tips you can follow for hair growth.
- Maintain a suitable diet: Hair is one of the very last parts of our body to receive nutrients; therefore, having a nutrient-rich diet is essential.
- Wash your hair regularly: Not washing your hair enough can lead to a build-up of oils and react with the pollution in the environment.
- Focus on scalp health: A healthy scalp creates optimum conditions for strong, healthy hair.
Benefits Of Using Hair Serums
Hair serum serves to enhance the volume of hair and makes it lustrous,
- It prevents hair fall and promotes natural hair growth: Opting for a hair serum with Redensyl will naturally target your hair growth. Redensyl seeks to reactivate hair cell division by stimulating the initial hair growth phase, leading to hair growth.
- Increases hair density: Hair growth serums soften the strands by hydrating and nourishing them, which helps to prevent hair loss. This increases hair volume and encourages hair renewal.
- Thicken, brittle and thinning hair: Procapil is a hair growth ingredient that is a natural solution known to strengthen the hair follicle and prevent hair loss while boosting growth.
- Makes hair smoother: Overuse of style equipment and hair coloring treatments can cause strand damage, resulting in hair that appears dry and dull. Replenishing lost moisture is an excellent hair serum that can revive lifeless and drab hair.
- Tames frizzy hair: Using a good quality serum can assist in controlling the damage to a large extent. It can make the hair soft and shiny. It reduces the frizz giving the hair an attractive appearance.
Hair Oil: What Is It Exactly?
Oiling your hair is a practice that has been used in India for centuries and is recommended in Ayurvedic medicine. Hair oiling has spread beyond Ayurvedic practices, and many use it to maintain the health and vibrancy of their hair. The benefit of hair oiling depends on the type of hair oil used.
- Jojoba Oil: Jojoba oil hydrates the hair deep within, moisturizing and treating the hair follicles from the inside. It also treats dandruff and dry scalp problems and adds shine and softness.
- Argan Oil: Argan oil is loaded with beneficial ingredients like vitamin E, ferulic acid, fatty acids, and antioxidants. It works like a natural heat protectant for hair, and if you are someone that stays in the sun or styles your hair a lot, you are going to love it.
- Coconut Oil: Coconut oil is the holy grail of hair oil. It repairs damaged hair and breakage, helps prevent hair loss, and aids growth. Because of its moisture-retaining properties, Coconut Oil stays inside the hair instead of evaporating, making it one of the most effective hair treatments.
- Hemp Seed Oil: High essential fatty acids in Hemp seed oils promote hair growth. With luxurious moisturizing properties, Hemp seed oil is ideal for strong, shiny hair.
- Bhringraj: Bhringraj is believed to enhance the thickness and luster of your hair. This ayurvedic ingredient will boost hair strength and prevent premature graying of your hair.
- Castor oil: It offers other great benefits such as controlling hair loss, fighting scalp infections and dandruff (due to its antifungal properties), conditioning and moisturizing the hair, and preventing split ends.
If you can still decide which to go for, look for the one with multiple oils. Cosmic Sutra Hair Oil is enriched with Bhringraj, hemp seed oil, and ashwagandha; this oil promotes hair growth, treats dandruff, and prevents hair fall and baldness.
How To Apply Hair Oil?
When it comes to oils, the two most important things to consider are that even distribution is essential. Take a small quantity of oil onto your palm and apply it to your scalp. Now gently use your hands to apply oil to your mid-lengths and ends. Gently massage your scalp with fingertips following a circular motion. This will boost blood circulation in the scalp, facilitating the easy transfer of nutrients in our oil to the roots. Leave on for at least 30 minutes.
When To Use Hair Oil?
Oil your hair at least twice a week, ideally a night before you plan to wash your hair. If leaving oil overnight isn't possible, you can oil your hair an hour before you bathe and wrap your head with a hot towel. This will extract some nutrition from the oil in a short time frame, says Garodia. Oiling your hair can provide essential nutrients and help maintain its health.
Benefits Of Hair Oil
- Strengthens your hair: Oiling hair has a multi-dimensional effect. In addition to increasing the hair's tensile strength, it reduces frizziness and prevents breakage.
- Protects hair from heat damage: Oils like Argan oil and coconut are great as heat and sun protectants. Argan oil being lighter in texture, is used more often.
- Stimulates hair growth: The massaging technique used when applying oil increases or stimulates blood circulation to the scalp. Not to forget works like a charm to relieve stress.
- Hydrates hair and prevents frizziness: Castor oil and olive oil are rich in Vitamin E, and fatty acids can create a physical barrier around the hair cells, preventing moisture loss and frizziness.
FAQs For Hair Growth Serum
- How Do Hair Serums Work?
Hair Serum is a liquid solution with active components high in potent ingredients. They aid in the conditioning of hair, repair cell damage, improve hair texture, and increase blood flow to the scalp to nourish your follicles. Serums' small molecule size is very small, so they can easily penetrate the scalp and work more efficiently.
- What Are The Types Of Hair Growth Serums?
- These are some of the hair serum formulations. It would be best to decide what's best for your hair type.
- Water-based serum.
- Oil-based serums.
- Silicon-based hair serums.
- Spray serum.
- What happens when you stop using a hair growth serum after continuous use for 3 months? Will the hair fall out?
- Unfortunately, while hair serums treat male pattern baldness effectively, it doesn't cure it. You'll need to continue using medication to maintain your results. However, since hair loss restarts when you stop using it, you should go for scientifically backed hair serums that are safe to use over the long term and will not show any side effects in the long run. Nourish Mantra Hair Advanced Hair Growth Serum is one such serum
Q. Can We Use Hair Serum And Hair Oil Together?
- While some serums can be used together with oil, it is better to apply them separately; serums like hair growth serum with potent ingredients might get diluted due to hair oil. However, you can apply hair serum on your scalp while using hair oil on your hair ends to make them smoother.
- Is Hair Serum The Same As Hair Oil?
- No hair serum is primarily either water-based or silicone-based. Hair serums are advanced formulas to tackle individual hair concerns; however, oil is naturally found, and its benefits are limited. While hair serums can effectively tackle balding or hair fall, oil can not.
- Which Is Better: Hair Serum Vs. Hair Oil?
- It is a very opinionated choice. Hair serums are a great option if you suffer from some hair concerns and cannot cure them the traditional way.Hair oils are great for moisturizing and help prevent dry and brittle hairs. It's up to you to choose between these two. Try and experiment to find the one that will work for you.