How To Boost Hair Growth Naturally
Are you searching for the best ways to grow your hair? With so many chemical products available in the market, achieving the hair of your dream is not a far-fetched idea. However, these chemical products have harmful toxins that do more harm than good in the long term.
To get the hair of your dreams, you can adopt natural ways that will restore the shine of your hair without damaging your hair follicles with unwanted and toxic chemicals. Read ahead to know more about natural hair care ingredients.
What Stimulates New Hair Growth?
Your hair grows from the roots of hair follicles. These follicles are the tiny openings on your skin through which hair grows. There are approximately 5 million hair follicles all over your body. Out of these 5 million follicles, about 1 lakh are on your scalp.
Hair grows from the roots of these follicles. The blood in your scalp supplies the root hair with nutrition and oxygen for its proper growth. When the body stops this nutrition, your hair falls. Your hair also passes through an oil gland while coming out of the skin of your scalp. The silkiness and the texture of your hair depend on this oil gland.
The hair is made up of 2 components- skin cells and keratin (a protein). Since the role of protein is significant, doctors suggest you increase protein levels in your diet to strengthen your hair. Thus, your hair growth is stimulated by a protein-rich diet, and the nutrition your body gets.
Tips For Faster Hair Growth
- Eating a protein-rich diet is the simplest of the natural ways to achieve healthy hair. This is because your hair is made up of protein (keratin).
- The more water you consume, the more your hair will receive hydration. Hydrated and nourished hair is at a decreased risk of breaking off.
- Hair massage has been clinically proven to stimulate hair growth and relieve stress and headaches. Scalp massages dilate the blood vessels located under your scalp. This makes them pump more oxygen and nutrition into your hair.
- The recent styling trends like hair coloring or styling are putting too many chemicals in your hair. To avoid stressing your hair roots with chemicals, use natural shampoo and conditioners that do not contain toxic chemicals like parabens and sulfates.
- The heat from curling rods, straighteners, and blow dryers is one of the top reasons for women's hair damage. Use hair protectant products before using hair styling tools.
- Trim your split ends regularly. This helps your healthy hair to grow faster.
Home Remedies For Hair Growth
Going towards natural hair growth remedies is the best solution for hair fall problems. This is because natural products have the least side effects and give long-lasting results. Let's take a look at a few home remedies for hair growth.
- Onion Juice
Onion contains sulphur that helps in collagen formation, which helps to form new hair on the scalp. If the smell of the onion is an issue for you, mix it up with a carrier oil. To use onion juice, simply chop some onion and squeeze its juice. Massage it in your scalp and leave it for 10-15 minutes. Rinse with a mild shampoo.
This ingredient can be easily found in your kitchen. It helps to cleanse your scalp and maintain a natural pH balance. This aids in the healthy growth of hair. To use apple cider vinegar, mix 75 ml of it in 1 liter of water. Use it as a final rinse after your shampoo. It will add shine to your hair.
Eggs contain a large amount of protein which helps in the formation of new hair. It is also a rich source of sulphur, zinc, and iron. To make an egg mask, separate the egg whites and mix them in curd or hair oil. Put it as a mask on your scalp for about 15-20 minutes. Rinse with a mild shampoo and enjoy your good hair day!
- Aloe Vera
Aloe vera is rich in vitamins, fatty acids, and amino acids, thus, it offers myriads of benefits for your scalp. To use aloe vera on your head, mix 1 tablespoon of lemon juice in aloe vera gel and put it like a mask just before washing your head. Rinse with a mild shampoo and experience frizz-free shiny hair.
This is the most trusted Indian home remedy for hair growth. Our mothers and even their mothers used coconut oil extensively for their hair fall problems. It works so well because coconut oil has a rich concentration of fatty acids that strengthen the hair roots.
To use coconut oil for your hair, simply warm up the oil and massage it in your scalp. Keep it overnight and rinse with a mild shampoo. Your hair will feel moisturized and more manageable in addition to gaining strength.
Best Products For Hair Growth
- Himalayan Cedar Biotin Shampoo from Nourish Mantra is an excellent hair growth shampoo for strong, smooth, and lustrous hair. It is a natural shampoo for dry scalp. It contains biotin, rice, and bhringraj to give your hair a natural shine.
It offers the following benefits:
- Mystic Indian Rose Biotin Shampoo is the best shampoo for dry hair from Nourish Mantra. It has a therapeutic richness to grow healthy and silky hair. It contains biotin, black pepper oil, and bhringraj that aid in the healthy growth of new hair. It is a hydrating shampoo for your hair.
It offers the following benefits:
- Makes your hair shiny and smooth
- Boosts the growth of new hair
- Promotes hair regeneration
- Reduces hair fall to give you thick
Healthy hairs are the result of a combination of factors. Your diet, genetics, and the hair care products you use play a key role in it. Use our tips and tricks to get your hair to grow naturally and shine again.
However, if your hair problems are getting out of control, you must visit a dermatologist to diagnose the underlying condition.