How To Rejuvenate Skin With Mud Masks
Benefits of mud masks
- Mud masks are beneficial to the skin in many ways. Here are some of them.
- Clay or mud-based masks remove deep-seated impurities, leaving the skin fresh and clean.
- They are also great exfoliants, which gently and naturally remove dead skin cells for a healthy glow.
- They rejuvenate and re-energize skin that looks tired or has turned dull from constant exposure to pollutants and environmental stressors.
- Clay masks are often blended with other skin-improving extracts and essential oils to provide specific benefits. Hydrating, anti-inflammatory, blemish-clearing, anti-ageing – there is a face mask for (almost) every need.
How to use mud masks
Giving your skin a mud-based treat is as simple as using any other face mask. However, remember to apply the mask to well-cleansed face or body so that your skin can soak up all the nutrients and goodness that the formulation has to offer.
- Begin by cleansing your face with a suitable cleanser. If you’ve got makeup on, use cleansing milk or micellar water to remove all traces. Rinse well with water and pat dry.
- Using clean hands, scoop out a little mask onto your palm. Using fingertips, apply it onto the cheeks, forehead, chin, nose, and above the lips. Spread evenly. (Here’s a pro tip – apply a thin layer for quick drying or a thick layer if you wish to keep the mask on for a longer time!)
- Remember to keep the mask out of the sensitive eye area and the eyebrows lest you end up drying or irritating the skin and hair.
- Time to relax! Leave the mask on for 15 to 20 minutes or till it starts drying (but not to the extent where it’s hardy moist or begins to flake off).
- Remove the mask gently with damp cotton wool or your fingertips. Wipe outwards beginning from around the nose and cheeks, slowly moving to the temples and chin. Remove traces by rinsing your face well with water.
- Using a soft cloth, pat your face gently and say hello to beautiful skin!
- Choose mud masks that are suitable for your skin type. At Nourish Mantra, we’ve got an amazing collection of mud-rich formulations, suitable for all skin types. Choose from Black Turmeric, Carrot & Orange, Cucumber with Tea Tree Oil, and Holy Basil & Neem.
- Mud or clay masks soak up excess oil and are a boon for oily-skinned folk, who can use them up to two times a week. The formulation may, however, be a little drying on other skin types. To combat this, follow with a hydrating moisturizer, serum, or essential oil. Also, limit the use to once per week if you have dry or normal skin.
- Mud masks work great for trouble spots like acne and blemishes. So even if you don’t slather the mud all over your face or body, you could apply it topically to breakouts, whenever they occur.